Your Celebrant leads your Ceremony and you must feel very comfortable that you have chosen the right person to do this.
Make choosing your Celebrant one of the first things on your wedding planning list so that you have plenty of time to select the person who is right for you. (Good Celebrants are often booked up months, or even years, in advance so that is another reason to be choosing your Celebrant in good time.)
You may like to contact several potential Celebrants via an email or a phone call:
- Introduce yourselves, your wedding date, your chosen venue.
- Ask if they are available on that date and happy to conduct a ceremony at that venue.
- Ask if they are available to meet you either face to face or via Skype.
- Did they respond promptly?
- Did they answer your questions?
- Was their response friendly and helpful?
- Were they a good listener?
- Do you feel that they understood what your ideas are for your ceremony?
- Did they offer some helpful suggestions towards the planning of your ceremony?
- In a nutshell, did you feel comfortable with that person?
- Were they happy to discuss their fee for the day and do you consider it to be a reasonable fee?
If you contact a Celebrant and decide that they are not the one for you, they will appreciate you letting them know this too. A good Celebrant will also appreciate finding out why you have chosen someone else.